Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, national data protection laws of the various Member States, and other privacy regulations, the responsible entity (“Controller”) is:
Tel.: +49 40 42838-0
Fax: +49 40 42838-9586
Universität Hamburg is a corporate body organized in accordance with German public law. Prof. Dr. Dieter Lenzen, President of Universität Hamburg, Mittelweg 177, 20148 Hamburg, Germany is authorized to represent the University.
DGS-Korpus Data Protection Officer Contact Details (The project DGS-Korpus is maintaining the meine-dgs.de site.)
Universität Hamburg Data Protection Officer contact details:
Datenschutzbeauftragter der Universität Hamburg
Mittelweg 177, 20148 Hamburg, Germany
Tel.: +49 40 42838-2957
A. Data Processing
1. Accessing this Website and Creation of Log Files
Data and information are collected every time this website is accessed or used. These data and information are stored in log files on the server and can include:
- IP address
- browser type / browser version
- date and time the website was accessed
- user's Internet service provider
- user' operating system
- referring website
- websites accessed by the user's system through our website
The temporary storage of data and log files is lawful pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f General Data Protection Regulation.
The IP address is temporarily stored in the system as it is necessary to provide website access to the user's computer. The IP address is retained while that website is being accessed.
These log files are stored to ensure website functionality, optimize the content of our website, and ensure the security of our IT system.
The data will be deleted when they are no longer needed for the purpose they were collected. For data collected to provide access to the website, this will be at the end of every session.
For log files, this will occur after seven days at the latest. Some data may be preserved for a longer period of time, in which case user IP addresses are deleted or removed, rendering it impossible to link the data to any individual.
2. Verwendung von Cookies
We only use so-called session cookies to make our website more user-friendly. Session cookies are deleting when a browser session is terminated.
The purpose of these technically necessary cookies is to simplify website use.
Cookies are stored on the User’s computer and transferred to us. That is why you, as the User, have full control over cookie implementation. You can deactivate or restrict cookies by changing your browser settings. Cookies already stored on your hard drive can be deleted at any time. This can also be done automatically. However, disabling cookies for our website may result in some functions not working correctly.
C. Data Transfer to Third Parties
1. Social Media
We use social media share buttons on our website in order improve the profile of meine-dgs.de. The individual providers are responsible for ensuring that your privacy is protected according to data protection regulations. We have integrated these Sharing buttons in a way guaranteeing that no user data are transmitted to the social network operator before the user clicks the corresponding button.
Once the button has been clicked, the operator of the social media platform receives the information that the individual page has been accessed, for which personal data are transmitted to the platform operator.
D. Your Rights
You have the following rights:
- the right to information regarding personal data pertaining to you that is stored by us (Art. 15 GDPR)
- the right to correction of any incorrect or incomplete personal information (Art. 16 GDPR)
- the “right to be forgotten”: erasure of stored personal data insofar as the relevant data are not necessary for the exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or the purposes of establishing, exercising, or defending a legal claim (Art. 17 GDPR)
- the right to limited processing of personal data (Art. 18 GDPR)
- the right to object to the processing of your data conducted in our legitimate interest, public interest, or for profiling purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling grounds for processing said data that outweighs your interests, rights, and freedoms or where the processing of said data is required for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim (Art. 21 GDPR);
- the right to withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, and use of your personal data at any time with future effect (Art. 7 (3) GDPR) — this means that the data processing related to that consent will no longer be carried out.
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority where you believe the processing of personal data related to you is in breach of the DSGVO (Art. 77 GDPR).
E. Revocation of Consent / Objecting to Processing of Personal Data
You can exercise your right to object, your right of rectification and your right to revoke consent to the processing of your personal data by contacting either one of the data proetection officers:
Datenschutzbeauftragter des Projektes DGS-Korpus
Datenschutzbeauftragter der Universität Hamburg
Mittelweg 177, 20148 Hamburg